Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, August 04, 2012

A little distraction

Maybe I have or have not mentioned here that I don't watch Olympics. It hasn't been my thing; but after reading this and seeing the photos, I may have to reconsider. *fanning myself*


Now I do understand that a lot of men are muscling up these days. I know this based on looking for photos that will work for covers or trailers. My goodness! But really-- these swimmers have to be about the tops for physical structure in a guy. Wonder if any of them have thought about posing for romance covers. *s*

The question I have though is-- were these kind of muscles so visible on them when I was young? If so, where was I?

8 comments:

Tabor said...

Your mind was elsewhere, but middle-age has insured that you didn't miss it this time around.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember athletes looking like this when I was young.

Lynn said...

Rain, you might find looking at the stats interesting when you tear yourself away from, ahem, the finer points of the games. Have a great weekend . . .

http://edition.cnn.com/SPORT/olympics/results-and-schedule/?iid=article_sidebar

Rubye Jack said...

Personally, I wish they'd put some clothes on. Seriously though, why are the women so covered up and the men wear basically nothing?

Rain Trueax said...

From what I have seen in articles, many of them like to pose with less on than the suits ;) I guess they worked for those muscles and want to show them off.

Last night the cable channel was running the original Tarzan films and that meant the second one, 'Tarzan and his Mate' which back then led to censorship and a near conniption fit by the committee dictating that in the 30s where later you not only didn't see nudity but also had married couples sleeping in twin beds with one foot always on the ground.

Some of the scenes had not been seen in the theater as way too racy with nudity or near nudity. I enjoyed seeing the movies again and for the first time those scenes which I thought were beautiful. Weismuller though didn't have those abs. He was a beautiful man at that age, very muscular but not that definition that is so common today. I wonder what they are doing to get it and some might be lower body weights, different exercises or could they use liposuction to remove any fat that would get in the way? Curious minds want to know :)

Ingineer66 said...

There are some smoking hot female athletes too. But this time since it is so cold in England the beach volleyball players were wearing long sleeves and pants instead of tiny bikinis.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't remember the men in Swimming and Diving being so incredibly muscular and 'fit'. Maybe they were...but if so, I do not remember seeing them look like these guys!

Ingineer66 said...

I think the training and conditioning has improved dramatically. The sprinters are very muscular too.